Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My dad


Hi!
I hope everyone is having a good new year. I know it's been awhile since I blogged so I wanted to post. I'm especially excited about my dad, so I thought I'd share the story.

A few years ago we had a real scare with my dad's health. During a routine physical, they discovered he was anemic and after tests discovered cancer in his stomach was causing the problem. During surgery, the doctors found that it was more extensive than they originally thought and they had to remove three quarters of his stomach. He had a fabulous doctor though and with follow up and care recovered well. He was fine! He goes in for check ups frequently to make sure it didn't spread and nothing else came up. It was a trying time and my poor dad went through a lot but it all came out fine in the end.

Recently however, his check up revealed anemia again. Of course we were all very frightened. He had more tests and they really are very uncomfortable kinds of tests so I felt bad for poor daddy. His cancer doctor no longer worked with his insurance so it was also scary to have new people working with him.

After a rough month of tests and waiting, he got his test results back this week (just in time for his and my mom's birthday!) and everything was fine. Apparently there was irritation in what was left of his stomach...perhaps from the previous work or whatever else...and that was causing the problem. We were still a little concerned because they biopsied a problem area in his intestines (whatever that means...doctors can be so vague!), but that came out clear as well.

So everything's ok and we're very grateful! My mom and dad are incredible people...inspirational really because they have made such a difference in my life! So we're celebrating them and their life this week!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love to laugh. I teach. I love the mountains, lakes, oceans, and hills. I loathe writing but I love having written. I believe animals are beautiful! I dance every day! I'm an ice skater. I love my friends and family. I sing, but you don't want to hear it! I love to play my flute. I want to learn piano. I loved skydiving. I want to learn scuba, Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese, horseback riding, flying, rock climbing, sign language, gardening, ...